Root Canal Treatment Mississauga
Root Canals at Sana Dentistry
Root canals can be a tricky procedure but our professional team at Sana Dentistry are experts when it comes to root canals which is why we are Mississauganumber one choice.
Root canals are a common dental treatment we provide, our root canal dental team can give you the direction you need around the root canal procedure and the costs involved so there are no surprises.
What Is A Root Canal?
Root canal treatments are designed to help remove the damaged nerve from a tooth. The procedure begins with our professional team cleaning and filling the canal to prevent any bacterial infections that may occur.
The main goal of a root canal treatment is to save the tooth while removing damaged nerves and blood vessels from inside the canal. This then allows for the tooth to remain in place for aesthetic and functional purposes.
Root canal procedures have come a long way in recent years and are normally considered a painful procedure. However, it isn't as painful as most people think.
Reasons to Choose Our Root Canal Treatments:
- Nerve and blood vessel damage
- Restorative purposes
- Tooth sensitivity
Our professionals at Sana Dentistry will ensure that the procedure is carried out in an efficient and painless manner so that you end up with a result that will make you smile!
Cost of Root Canal Treatment
Cost of a procedure like Root Canal depends a lot on the complexity of the case. Read more on cost of root canal here.
Why Choose Our Root Canal Treatments?
- We customize our root canal treatments to suit the individual needs of each patient and take the time to understand what’s important to you
- Our dental experts strive to provide the highest standard of care using the latest technology and proven techniques with the assistance of friendly and supportive staff
- We are a professional and experienced dental practice specializing in a broad range of dentistry procedures in addition to root canals
- Our expert team pride themselves in taking the time to build relationships with each patient, and ensure that everyone is treated individually as a person, not just a patient
- We take a caring and compassionate approach and are gentle but effective with our root canal procedures
- Our team of experts is committed to educating you about post-care and maintenance of your teeth once your procedure is complete
- We provide flexible appointment times to suit you no matter what dental procedure is being performed
- Our Dental Clinic has ample parking and is easily accessible by public transport
- We offer transparent pricing and flexible payment options that make your treatment more affordable
Signs You Need a Root Canal
Identifying the need for a root canal involves being attentive to specific symptoms, some of which you can notice independently while others require a professional evaluation from experts like Sana Dentistry.
- Painful Teeth or Mouth
- The emergence of pain, accompanied by signs of infection or swelling, often serves as an initial indicator of tooth trouble.
- Key symptoms indicating a potential need for a root canal treatment include:
- Rapid onset of spontaneous pain
- Formation of pus
- Increased tooth tenderness or sensitivity to pressure
- Swelling in surrounding tissues
- Fortunately, it's uncommon for all these symptoms to manifest simultaneously. If you observe one or more of these signs, seeking a consultation at Sana Dentistry is advisable.
- Persistent Gum Pimples
- An internal tooth infection may result in pimple-like lesions on the gums.
- These lesions can fluctuate in size over time, functioning as drainage points for pus and often causing an unpleasant taste in your mouth.
- Swollen or Tender Gums
- Swelling in the gums might occur due to an infected tooth, creating a slightly tender lump that is palpable.
- Darkened Teeth
- Unexpected changes in a tooth's color, particularly a darker hue compared to neighboring teeth, suggest potential issues within its nerve space.
- X-rays can assist in identifying this problem, often revealing an infection as a dark spot located at the root's tip.
- Exposed Nerves
- Loss or damage to prior dental work, such as crowns or fillings, can expose the tooth's nerves.
- This exposure may lead to intense pain upon contact with air, hot, or cold substances, necessitating a recommendation for root canal treatment.
Being vigilant about these signs can prompt timely intervention and care, ensuring appropriate treatment for potential root canal issues. If any of these symptoms arise, seeking professional dental evaluation and assistance is crucial for proper diagnosis and management.
What to Expect in a Root Canal Procedure?
A root canal procedure is performed to treat and preserve a severely damaged or infected tooth. Initially, an x-ray is taken to assess the condition of the tooth and identify any infections in the root canals or surrounding bone. Following this, local anesthesia is administered to numb the area around the affected tooth for comfort during the procedure. Once the tooth is numbed, it's isolated, and a small access hole is drilled to gain entry to the damaged or infected pulp and nerve.
The next step involves the careful removal of the damaged pulp and infected nerve tissue from inside the tooth, ensuring thorough cleaning and disinfection of the area. The cleaned space within the tooth is shaped in preparation for the filling. This shaping process might require multiple appointments to ensure meticulous cleaning and shaping. Subsequently, a sterile filling material is placed within the tooth to seal off the cleaned area, preventing further infection.
If necessary, small supportive structures may be inserted into the root canal to fortify the tooth's strength. Additionally, in some cases, the treated tooth might be capped with an artificial crown to provide additional protection and restore its functionality. Throughout this process, our dental experts prioritize comprehensive care, ensuring thorough cleaning, disinfection, and restoration of the tooth to its optimal health. The number of appointments required may vary based on the complexity of the case, guaranteeing a successful restoration of the affected tooth.
Root Canal Aftercare
Once the root canal treatment is complete, we will provide you with a list of after-care guidelines to follow. These Include:
If you are looking for a compassionate, professional, and experienced dental clinic for your root canal procedure, please call us at Sana Dentistry today on (905) 607 3330.
We will gladly answer any questions you may have.Ask Questions
Sana Dentistry offers the ability to request your dentist appointments online. Schedule an appointment now!Book Online
New Patient Forms
By filling out the New Patient Forms ahead of time you will save significant time on your visit.New Patient Forms
The Numerous Benefits of Dental Flossing for Optimal Oral Health Introduction Maintaining good oral hygiene is essential for overall health and ...Continue Reading